PPSR Due Diligence System Package
Feel free to register for a webinar or view a recording of a previous webinar on this topic.
The Personal Property Securities Register Due Diligence Package is divided into separate sections comprising:
A. Quotation and Proposal
B. Articles to Assist Client
C. Work Checklists
The package includes:
- Papers and articles on the operation of the Personal Property Securities Register System.
- Articles to assist the client to understand how the PPSR operates.
A checklist to assist in identifying any type of article that your client owned at a particular date including the location of that article. This checklist is known as “Identification of Personal Property Schedule”. This is the checklist that we recommend you commence your due diligence review with.
The list of assets to be identified include:
- Stock, Livestock and Crops, Goods
- Artists’ Works
- Plant, Equipment, Construction Equipment
- Plant and Equipment Leased to a Lessee
- Motor Vehicles
- Motor Vehicles Leased to a Lessee
- Boats and Other Types of Watercraft
- Boats and Watercraft Leased to a Lessee
- Aircraft Leased to a Lessee
- Other Physical Property and Other Personal Property
- Licenses and Trademarks, Intellectual Property
- Loans (including loans to associated entities)
- Statutory Fishing Rights
- Assets held in Trust by Other People
- Services Entity Arrangements with Another Entity
- Any other Personal Property
The package includes commentary on the two main legal agreements relative to the Personal Property Securities Act. These are:
- Retention of Title Agreement
- Terms of Trade Agreement
The package includes a discussion on “Customer Due Diligence Review” to determine a policy for a business as to the “total exposure” that a business is prepared to be subjected to and the procedures to be adopted to determine whether to register an individual customer.
There is a discussion on “renting, leasing or storing assets on someone else’s property”. This will give you some key questions to pose to your client.
There is a commentary on the preparation of financing statements.
The “Purchase Money Security Interest – PMSI” is discussed.
There is a discussion on the “Verification Statement” and a “Registration Overview”.